Its no secret, around here at the ClassyBlackGirl.com HQ we LOVE Scandal! I was introduced to this show by one of my favorite Bloggers, Marie Denee at The Curvy Fashionista!...and I have been hooked ever since. But I have to tell you Why I Love Scandal! 1. It makes you love the unlovable. Who would have ever contemplated loving a side chick(Olivia), a mad Killa(Huck) and admire a master of torture (Charlie, I get into this latter).
2. It makes you believe the unbelievable. I would never believe that Cyrus was so Scandalous and that he would ever want Liv eliminated!...or that you could WANT Olivia to kiss Fitz. Ruining our sense of right and wrong are sooo why I love Scandal!
3. It makes killing seem like its just normal and that SOME things just have to be done. Killing people that get in the way of the status quo, like Verna having the President killed, should happen. Well in Scandal world. Jamming to "I can see clearly now." While a blow torch takes somebody out the game-lessens the blow!
Okay Number 4 is Like 4-10 - Why I Love Scandal
4. Harrison and his mouth. Yeah, Brother certainly has the gift of Gab, but that's not even what I am talking about. I mean the Shape of this brothers lips literally makes me melt! His lips alone are reason to watch Scandal....and another reason why I love scandal.
5. It makes me feel like marriage is the worst thing ever, so I should not feel bad about being a swinging single girl! The President and Mellie hate each other, last time Huck saw his wife she didn't even recognize him and Liv didn't want (OLD BLACK DUDE) to even think about putting a ring on it!
6. It makes me curious about white guys like Fitz and Ryan Lochte. I know that times are a changing, but I am still that Black Girl that hopes for her Black Guy. However, OMG, the white boys are coming up and I have been feeling a little bit Swirly lately! Scandal and Liv's trysts remind me that hey, I can date white boys too!...and its totally okay!
7. I love how racial lines are crossed. While the President and Mellie are both white, Liv is Black, Hucks chick was very swirly and Puerto-Black. Relationships are not created based on color, they are based on Scandal.
8. The Music, "Brickhouse" during a murder scene, just makes it so much palatable. I was like OMG, I want to get up and dance, but somebody is getting killed. I have never wanted to dance during a murder scene. Shonda Rhimes has a sick sense of jamming. This is the eighth reason why I Love Scandal!
9. Charlie has a weak spot for Huck. The fact that torture has style, a quote from Charlie(you might remember him as the Killer in the Baseball cap), makes me like Charlie already. But the fact that Charlie is a cold blooded killer and has spared HUCK a Lot. Confuses and interests me. The fact that Charlie didn't kill Huck when he should have then lied about it AND didn't kill his family. Has me thinking that either Huck's family never REALLY existed OR that there is some more background going on. Another reason why I love Scandal is that there is ALWAYS a back story to the back story!
The number one reason why I love Scandal is that Liv is Me. She has feelings, emotions, cops and attitude, is smart, has ratchet moments(like when she lets Fitz snatch her panties off in the Oval Office), but she also has sex without being ratchet(like with Jake). And she is all of this without being ghetto a diva or a slut. And while Olivia Pope does do bad things, one of the reasons why I love scandal is because we get to a Black Girl portrayed as a full person. She doesn't get judged on ONE single action.
I would love to know why YOU love scandal!!...Let me know in the comments below!!
Sharelle D. Lowery Lifestyle Blogger | Author | Professional Speaker