Don't you hate those people that have to check in every d*mn time they go to the gym, workout or do anything associate with their health? Oh yeah, that's me! *smile*
I have always hated working out for as long as I can remember.
However, over the past 6 months I have started getting addicted to moving my body and (clutch the pearls) even sweating just about daily in the gym. I'm more dedicated to my health, wellness and longevity now. Okay and getting that Beyonce Bootylicious that I have been seeing all during the OnTheRun tour!
Since I feel so much more happy and healthy I want to share it with others! This is why I check in on social media every time I work in and why you should too! Here are some other reasons to hit that check in button on Facebook when you walk through the gym doors:
1. It helps to keep you accountable, when people see you working out everyday, even just online, if you fall off they see it and ask you about it.
2. You inspire other people who may have something in common with you. I get lots of messages from curvy girls who tell me that they love that I am always up in the gym and loving every inch of myself. I sometimes think about those inbox messages at 5 am when I want to roll over and get an extra hour of sleep.
3. It's fun!
4. It's positive! A LOT of people post negative "whoa is me" status updates and tweets, people can always look to you for positivity and health focused messages.
5. As a writer I am naturally inclined to share my experiences. But most people who identify themselves as millennials (and those who are even younger) share about 40% - 70% of their lives online...why not brag about the fact that you aren't trying to be overweight, pre-diabetic or sedentary?
6. You identify your workout tribe! ...and they identify YOU! The folks who's attention that you capture online become your online gym buddies! It's nice to build greater friendships (even online) with those who share simalar health and wellness interests.
Why do YOU check in on social media EVERY time that you workout? Or do you find it obnoxious?
Holla at cha girl! Join me on Facebook and make sure that I am checking in regularly!
Checking in right NOW at the gym...