So today was kind of ironic, while things are all haywire there is a box at my door and inside that box are the 4 proofs of my book. I could have cried!
After all of these years of writing and all of this preparation, even the photo shoots and stuff...here I am!! Book in Hand!!...and the girl is beautiful!
She is small, petite, well put together and so easy to hold in my hand! Publishing through Amazon's Create Space has been a great idea, the quality of the pages is nice and the book looks like I could have gotten it off of anybody's shelf!
My Mom's, Aunt and Sister were so excited and proud of me, it could not have been any better! Of course when I was done going gah-gah over my book, then the Real Work needed to happen-the actual proofing. I mean there was at least one problem on each page. One thing that I would do differently next time, get an editor. I went through this book with a fine tooth comb, clearly there were some missing teeth!
- Go through the book at least twice more and make changes by Monday!
- Create a really good social media campaign-thank God for Sharel.
- Create a hashtag to tweet with
- Figure out the Cover...thats a drama to discuss tomorrow.
- And pack, because we have to be gone by Wednesday-what a week ahead of me.
Its only going to get better!!
D. Lowery Publishing