So leave it to me, the girl who can find an etiquette question in any situation! And of course I have just started a grueling bootcamp experience! I am two sexy shades darker to prove it too! I noticed that there are some surefire do’s and don’t’s in the boot camp “etiquette experience” that I must take note of!
- Bring water with you!...asking to drink somebody elses water will piss them off, but they will say yes to be nice. Don’t bring this drama into the already tough experience.
- Come to win! Have a good attitude, a bad one is tough to bootcamp alongside with.
- Shower before, or at least the night before if you have an early AM bootcamp!
- Be friendly!...boot camp is a group experience!
- Don’t wear perfume/cologne or all of the bees will fly around you and inevitably somebody will get stung.
When you are in the gym:
- Bring a towel along with you, so that you can wipe down the machines or your face!
- Do not treat the gym like a night club, get in, get out get in shape…this is a health club not a social club.
- Ladies, don’t feel the need to be made up, chap stick is enough-get your workout on.
- Don’t stare-weather it be good, bad or ugly.
- Do not talk on your cell phone in the gym, its rude and remember other people are trying to workout too, step outside.
So, while working out is fun and very important you see that there are some rules here too! If you have any Etiquette questions about hitting the health club or any other personal matter, do not hesitate to shoot me an email! I will respond to you and I might use your question in a video or my blog!
AskSharelle@ClassyBlackGirl.com , the Urban Etiquette Expert-at your service!