If you are a supermodel than THIS article does NOT apply to you…however if YOU ARE NOT a supermodel please read the post below!
It’s the holidays of course and you are thinking about the upcoming holiday party, who to take, how to do your hair and of course-what to wear??...okay usually what to wear is the biggest headache or source of anxiety. Some industries are more conservative than other industries and you have to take that into account, but there are some basics. There is nothing wrong with being sexy but you don’t want to cross over onto the other side. Let me lay some rules out for you:
1.Two inches above the knee-the professional rule…I actually like the way that I look in a pencil skirt, its longer so there are NO “too short” issues. And the look is attractive but does not show too much skin.
2. If your dress is so tight that your undergarments are showing-try pants please.
3. If your pants are showing camel-toe, you might want to stay home.
4. The rise of your breasts is okay but deep plunging cleavage is NOT sexy, that’s for the club. And professionally it gives the wrong impression to your staff, colleagues and bosses.
5. Hair is a place where you can feel free to do something different or sexy. Bigger could be amazing, a little weave could be fun or even debut a fabulous short cut!!
6. Make-up is a sexy something that can transfer you from pretty-girl into Foxy Brown with just a few brush strokes, so just stay on the nice girl side of vamp and you will be a party hit.
7. Keep your scent sultry, not skanky. While this is one of my rules in my book, “Classy, BlackGirl:The Rules!” a nice scent is one that is very important when talking about the office party. Spray in the air, walk into it- DO NOT SPRAY DIRECTLY onto your clothes!...it will make your scent too strong and will quite likely ruin your clothes depending on the material that your clothes are made of.
Send me flicks of how Classy You Look for me to post on my Blog!!!
Sharelle D. Lowery
“The Last Word in Class!”