Greek Letter Flip Flops & Other Bad Moves!
I am a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated. As I was becoming a member of Delta there were specific protocols that I learned. I am sure that these protocols are very similar to most other Black Greek Letter Organizations protocols and organizational deference.
Some people in Greek letter organizations were taught a far more lenient form of protocol. *side-eye* Some of us in Greek Letter Organizations were not taught at all, because those who initiated us may not have known. So your Classy, BlackGirl, ClassySharelle is going to help you out a taste.
However, I am writing a quick article about inappropriate places for your Greek Letters. Vendors will sell anything. Many times they are not in Greek Letter organizations themselves and their principles lie in making a buck, not creating respectful or decent paraphernalia.
Your Greek Letters Should NEVER be on:
1. Shoes, especially flip flops. OMG...when I see this I get ill.
2. Thongs or underwear. This is not the appropriate place for your letters.
3. YOU, if your hair is not done. This should actually be a basic rule for individuals regardless of if you are wearing your letters or not.
4. Cartoon Characters, especially Daisy Duck if you are a Delta. I hate that the most. Betty Boop is not a Delta, and Princess Tiana is not an AKA.
Have You Seen My Clutch the Pearls Sorority Etiquette Article? READ HERE!
5. Your rear end or anywhere on your pants.
Really, Bent Over?
This isn't cool, Smurfette?
6. Stemware intended for alcoholic consumption, such as a beer mug or wine glasses.
7. A kitchen trash can. And if I have to tell you not to put your letters on a trash can outside...surrender ALL of your nailia right now.
8. Your Back! Who puts their letters on their back? Your number belongs on your back, your Greek name might even go on your back...but not your letters. If you see somebody with their letters on their back you have my permission to snatch it off.
These were just a few of my quick thoughts especially the Flip Flops and shoes! #ClutchThePearls
Let me know what you think and where are other places you should not see Greek Letters?