This was originally posted on ManTrapMeals.com and I thought that it was a good read so I decided to share it here! Gentlemen this can refer to you as well!
Feeling the Friendly Fade?
How come when things just start getting to a cool and comfortable place and you actually dig somebody, do you feel the self protection need to back off?
..because men start pulling away when you stop...I like to call it the friendly fade. I feel everything.
As a chick I have dated for so long that I actually know the signs. I can almost pinpoint the moment that my dude or even dude du jour started seeing somebody else or was just no longer interested. Here are my tell tale signs that it's time to fold 'em.
FOLD 'EM WHEN:
1. You stop getting that early AM text. Somebody is getting it, just not you.
2. There is lots of unexplained time, and he does not care to explain it. If he does, he is always with "Craig and them" or you know-his friends(this usually indicates a friendly fade instead of an abrupt or rude one).
3. You find your self reaching out more than you have before. Even you requesting his time.
4. You start having obscure conversations that seem to indirectly be talking about you-and not in a positive way.
5. Did I mention that he seems to be hanging out with his friends a LOT more...he might even say something like, "I'm tired or I'm going to bed early."
Make sure that you Subscribe to ManTrapMeals.com!
6. He sends you more text messages than phone calls. You might even have a complete conversation via text-and not just during the work day...in the evening when cup caking used to happen.
7. When you do talk, he seems distracted...even bored.
8. He is less thoughtful and uses the words we much less, if at all.
9. You just aren't vibing anymore. He asks you whats wrong a lot because he already knows.
10. You get that feeling in the pit of your stomach. Ladies, you know the feeling the one where things feel like you're getting seasick and like you are losing your footing. You have lost what you thought was your man.
What to do next?
Might I suggest ladies that you simply jump ship now, because whatever the reason that the communication is going to an undesirable and undetectable direction I can pretty much promise you that it's not going to get better. Sometimes this can happen in days ladies-do not ignore the signs. Now if you are Vivica Foxx and know how to Monkey Wrangle a man, by all means-wrangle on. Otherwise, cut his a** to the white meat before you start losing sleep, I mean since your not getting late night or early morning calls anymore.
From the Samantha Jones Diary as Your ManTrapMaven