I have always been a thickalicious girl. Sometimes my weight is just perfect and sometimes I am clearly pushing it! Lately, I have been feeling like I have been pushing it. With the help of my friend, I have been working out, getting my sweat on and feeling so much better. I originally started getting in the gym and eating healthier because I wanted to lose weight (especially to feel good half-naked on the Classy, BlackGirl Cruise) but I started noticing other outstanding benefits of working out that automatically came with living just a little cleaner. 1. Your skin gets a glow. I am not sure if I was just that "toxinated" but almost as soon as I workout my skin clears up. And I have GOOD SKIN, but sometimes the tannins in certain red wines make my skin have little heat rash looking bumps. One workout GONE.
2. Your posture gets better. I stand up much straighter and of course I look slimmer when I am not hunched over and more confident! For anybody who works on a computer all day this is super valuable.
3. You have more energy. I am usually always running on empty, but by adding a workout to my day I actually have more energy to get more done. I know it seems strange but my To Do List is constantly being handled.
4. You sleep better. I have insomnia, I never sleep as much as I should, but when I workout, around 10 pm my body starts saying "goodnight" and at about 6 am...my body naturally wakes up.
5. You have a better disposition. I am happier and have a more controlled temper when I get some of that energy worked out!
6. You eat better. Whenever I think about what I am putting in my mouth, I think twice because I know that "the gym cometh" and I do not want to feel heavy or full of wine or bad carbs that just weigh me down.
What other befits do you experience when you are working out?
P.S. Oh you didn't know about the Classy, BlackGirl Cruise? Click Here to get the FULL Break Down!
Classily Yours, Sharelle D. Lowery