10 Things that Classy Girls Do! After writing "The Rules" my first etiquette book, people ask me about what Classy Girls Do and Do NOT Do! This always makes me laugh because I know that we ALL have less than Classy moments! However, I will rundown a list of 10 things that Classy Girls Positively MUST Do!
1. Say No. I feel like one of the toughest parts of behaving with Class is when you have to refrain from something that you really want, like that hot bad boy or that wet burrito filled with cheese! Saying no is being Classy!! Otherwise you WILL Suffer the Consequences.
2. Knowing when to be Silent. One of the richest things that I learned from my Mother has been how LOUD that silence can actually be. Especially in business. A wounded dog always howls, so sometimes just waiting for the other persons retort is much more powerful than continuing to belabor your case. Classy Girls know when not to say anything.
3. Classy Girls Wear Pearls. I do not care how many you wear, but wearing them is almost a requirement to get your classy girl certification! So if you do not have a pair or a set yet, cop yours! It upgrades you 125% immediately!
4. Classy Girls do NOT get loud. This is completely different from number two. I am speaking on the wonderful world of women who talk REALLY loud, especially in public! Classy Girls this is a No-No!
5. Classy Girls maintain their sexy. There is nothing worse than being out and NOT being presentable. You don't have to be done up like a supermodel when you go out. But keep your appearance game up.
6. Classy Girls Are Not Late! If you find yourself being late all of the time, you are stuffing too much into ONE day. Lighten up, put less on yourself and instead of always rushing, stroll because you are not late. That coolness creates a classiness all on its own!
If You have Not Copped My Book, ClassyBlackGirl - The Rules! Get Yours Now!! E-Book or Soft Cover!
7. Classy Girls always respect themselves, no matter what situation that they palce themselves in. We also do not find it necessary to disrespect other people, especially other women. Respect Yourself ALWAYS!
8. Classy Girls always send a thank you note when they are appreciative of a gift, a meal or anything else kind that somebody has done for them. Please and thank you are Classy Girls Critical "must do's."
Follow Me On Twitter For More Classy Rules for Real Life!
9. Classy Girls may have a drink, but do not get drunk. I love a nice glass of Red Wine. But getting drunk and passing out is NOT what Classy Girls do! So make sure that you don't go overboard on the libations. It will also help you in not getting too loud!
10. Classy Girls keep flatulence to a minimum. You read correctly. Do not burp or expel gas from any orifice at any time in public! Always excuse yourself and never pretend like this is acceptable by saying something crass like, "Better out than in." I am Clutching my Pearls right now thinking about it!
If you liked these rules be sure and subscribe to my blog!!...Do not miss a Classy Moment!